Spillaway+ Bio-Remedial Absorbent
Spillaway+ is a highly effective bioremediation agent that literally eats hydrocarbon contaminants.
SpillAway+ Absorbent introduces a new era in the absorption & disposal of hydrocarbon contaminants in the work place. This product merges the technologies of a pharmaceutical grade, highly efficient absorbent with safe & effective microbes utilizing the exciting technique of bioremediation.
SEE HOW SPILLAWAY+ HELPED THE US DEPT OF ENERGY
When used as directed, SpillAway+ Absorbent can eliminate the need for costly, special and highly inefficient disposal of all hydrocarbons on solid surfaces. The high absorbency of this product makes it the ideal product to absorb oil, diesel fuel, gasoline, kerosene, etc. and then literally “eat” the contamination with its bio-remedial properties. It will completely absorb on contact and will not leach. The surface will be completely dry, free of the contaminant, and skid resistant.
As an added benefit there is a significant reduction of hydrocarbon odor. Because of the pharmaceutical grade of this absorbent & the completely harmless microbes that are used, SpillAway+ Bio-Remedial Absorbent can be used in most commercial & industrial environments including food processing & packaging areas.
SpillAway+ Bio-Remedial Absorbent can be used in any of the following areas:
- Loading Docks
- Manufacturing Floors
- Fueling areas
- Lubrication Areas
- Machine Shops
- Hydraulic Line Breaks
- Lubricant Pipeline Breaks
- Equipment Failures
- Tool Shops
- Elevator Pits
- Oil Storage Areas
- Chemical Storage Area
- Auto & Truck Wash Areas
- Blow Pits
- Maintenance Areas
- General Housekeeping
- Vehicle Parking Area
- Pumping Stations
- Concrete Walls
- Brick & Gravel Areas
- Vehicle Maintenance Areas
How to use
- If the spill is fresh, apply SpillAway+ on the spill perimeter to create a barrier around the spill.
- Apply SpillAway+ liberally to the spill itself so it covers the spill surface in an excess amount.
- When the oil has been absorbed by the powder (about 48 hours later), either A) spray the spill with water to prevent staining and leave overnight, or B) gather the powder and reuse at a later time.
- After clean up, SpillAway+ will leave the surface decontaminated, skid resistant, and safe to work or walk on.
SpillAway+ may be reused until it will no longer absorb. You can dispose of the material in the trash or throw it on the lawn; it will act like mulch.
The speed and effectiveness of SpillAway+ depends on several factors:
- The temperature–warmer temperature are cleaned faster.
- The age of the spill–older spills take longer to clean up.
- The type of hydrocarbon–some hydrocarbons take longer to clean up than others.
SAP-010 . . . . . 4 x 10 lb. pail
SAP-025 . . . . . 25 lb. pail
25lb plastic pails or a 4-pack of 10lb plastic jugs
Bulk Packaging Available
Soluble in Water
pH With Water
6.9 to 7.5
Download product datasheet
Download product SDS