Recommended for All Ships using No. 2 Fuel Oil thru No. 6 Fuel Oil (Bunker C) The treatments listed should be adjusted to specific conditions as contaminant loads vary. For best results use in accordance with a regular preventative maintenance schedule.
WET BILGE USE ONLY WHEN OILY WATER MIXTURE IS A MINIMUM OF 75% WATER
1. Add 5 gallons of Navalkleen II Liquid Concentrate directly to bilge.
2. Open bag # 1. Remove water soluble pack and drop into bilge
3. Open bag # 2. Pour contents into bilge.
4. Allow all NavalKleen II kit components to degrade hydrocarbons. (Oily mixtures) Process takes approximately 8 - 16 hours
5. Transfer bilge water to Oily Wastewater Holding Tank [OWHT] as necessary.
OILY WASTEWATER [SLOP] HOLDING TANK = OWHT
USE ONLY WHEN OILY WATER MIXTURE IS A MINIMUM OF 75% WATER
1. Determine one percent (1 % ) of the oil content as measured from the sight gauge or sounding tape. Example: 500 gallons x 1% = 5 gallons. The 5 gallon result is the amount of NavalKleen II recommended to treat the OWHT
2. Add appropriate amount of NavalKleen II Liquid Concentrate to OWHT.
3. Open bag # 1. Remove water soluble pack and drop into OWHT
4. Open bag # 2. Pour contents into OWHT
5. Agitate and aerate, if possible for 24 - 36 hours.
6. Transfer to OWS for normal processing.