Dry Remediact™ is an innovative concept in the remediation of soil saturated with hydrocarbon contaminants. It is designed to allow industry to clean-up & restore soil to its pre-contaminated condition. Dry Remediact™ is a natural absorbent that has been specially treated with hydrocarbon digesting microbes. These microbes have the ability to turn most hydrocarbons (see below) into carbon dioxide (CO2) and water. When used according to the directions, Dry Remediact™ safely and effectively solves your contamination problems with very little labor and equipment expense, thereby making this product an essential part of your pollution control efforts.
The following is a partial list of the hydrocarbons that Dry Remediact™ can remediate:
• MINERAL SPIRITS
• MOTOR OIL
• JET FUEL
• CUTTING OILS
• DIESEL FUEL
• HEATING OIL
• LUBRICATING OIL
• PAINT THINNERS
• CRUDE OIL
• ORGANIC PESTICIDES
• ORGANIC HERBICIDES
• TRANSMISSION FLUID
• ORGANIC SOLVENTS
Dry Remediact™ is an active mixture of hydrocarbon-oxidizing, naturally occurring, single-celled micro-organisms with a natural, bio-remedial absorbent. It is specially formulated to be safe, environmentally enhancing and effective.
PRODUCT EFFECTIVENESS: The effectiveness of this product and the “speed” at which it works is determined by certain factors. In general these factors are as follows:
TEMPERATURE: The warmer the temperature, the faster this product will work. The effective operating temperature is between 50° F. & 90° F.
AERATION & PRESSURE: Aeration (air hose or “bubbler) & pressure speeds the process.
TYPE OF HYDROCARBON: Some hydrocarbons take longer than others. The bio-remedial process generally will begin immediately but may take longer to complete depending on the above factors.
The following are general directions for the use of Dry Remediact™. Each situation & site may vary as to contamination levels and terrain but the directions below should “cover” most situations.
1. Use 2 lbs. of Dry Remediact™ per cubic yard of contaminated soil.
2. Till Dry Remediact™ with either a rototiller or suitable equipment in order to insure a homogeneous blending of this product with the soil & maximum contact of the Dry Remediact™ with the hydrocarbons.
3. Moist soil (water) will help to distribute the Dry Remediact™.
4. After tilling is complete, wet the area thoroughly with a solution of the enclosed blue “micronutrient crystals”. There are four (4) nutrient packets enclosed. Mix each packet with 150 gallons (3-55 gallon drums) of water. This mixture is not critical but it will give you the most effective result when treating 15 cubic yards.
5. Try to maintain a moisture level of about 30% to 40%. This moisture level is reached when the soil has the consistency of “soft mud”.
6. If possible, wait approximately 3-4 weeks and re-till the soil and add water to provide the moisture levels as above.